This is a lighter meal than I usually post, but trust me it is not lacking in flavor. Very simple to make and very delicious to eat it will be a meal you will want to work into your regular meal rotation. Chicken thigh cutlets breaded with panko and seasoned with Italian seasoning over a lovely bed of fettuccine with a garlic butter sauce.
Begin with pouring enough olive oil in a large skillet to be 1/4 inch deep. Heat over medium heat until oil reaches 350. While oil is heating place water in large pot over medium high heat to boil.
In a bowl combine 1 cup panko bread crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. and in a second bowl whisk 2 large eggs and set them up so you have a dredging station for wet hand dry hand breading.
When the olive oil in the skillet gets up to 350, and I highly recommend using a thermometer to keep an eye on the oil temp, dip the thigh cutlet in the egg with one hand then place in the bowl of bread crumbs. Using the other had cover the chicken with the bread crumbs then move to the skillet. Don’t over crowd the skillet, I usually do thigh cutlets three at a time. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes per side then repeat with the rest of the chicken.
While the chicken is frying add 1/2 pound of fettuccine to the boiling water allowing to cook until tender. Meanwhile in a small sauce pan melt 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) over low heat. Once the butter has melted add 1/4 cup Parmesan grated and 4 cloves of garlic minced.
Once the fettuccine has cooked drain and return to the pot, pour the garlic sauce over the top and toss.
After chicken is finished serve over a bed of the fettuccine.
For the Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
For the Fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup butter
- Add enough olive oil in a large skillet to be 1/4 inch deep. Heat over medium heat until oil reaches 350.
- While oil is heating place water in large pot over medium high heat to boil.
- in a bowl combine panko, Parmesan, salt pepper and seasonings
- in a shallow bowl whisk 2 eggs
- dip chicken in egg wash then coat in the panko and add to the oil making sure not to over crowd the pan
- fry 2- 3 minutes on each side.
- while chicken is frying add fettuccine to boiling water and cook until tender
- melt butter in sauce pan over low heat
- add garlic and Parmesan to melted butter
- drain fettuccine and return to pot
- add butter sauce to pasta and toss
- serve chicken over a bed of fettuccine